The Reel Sisters are a duo steeped in the musical tradition of Scottish harp and smallpipes. Rosalind and Kelly share lifetimes of experience in the traditional music community and the technical expertise of classical training. Compelling tunes combine with The Sisters' approachable, lighthearted personalities to create a unique and intimate musical experience. The Reel Sisters' music is uplifting, stirring, and just sweet fun.
Rosalind Buda holds a BMUS from the University of Iowa and a MM from New England Conservatory in Bassoon Performance. She has taught and performed throughout the US and Europe. She teaches and performs classical chamber and orchestral music and Celtic music in her in her home of Asheville, NC and throughout Western North Carolina. Keeping to the mountain tradition, Rosalind plays banjo for fun and enjoys contra dance.
Kelly Brzozowski holds a BMUS and a Masters Diploma in Harp Performance and Musicology from the University of North Wales. She has taught and performed throughout Europe and the US. Kelly lives in Atlanta where she maintains a large teaching studio and performs both classical and Celtic music. When she is not performing or teaching, she is homeschooling her son. You will often find them designing and conducting experiments. Is it science or food?!
Rosalind and Kelly both enjoy coffee, chocolate, and wine, fiber arts, games of all kinds, playing tunes outside, learning with young ones, traveling, and meeting new friends.
Booking & EPK
The Reel Sisters are now booking performances. Contact Kelly at 404-395-8133.
Check out our new EPK! You can view and download it at reelsistersmusic.com/press-kit.
Join our mailing list to keep up with news and upcoming performances.
The Reel Sisters at Spartanburg Philharmonic “Music Sandwiched In” Series
- Wednesday, April 10, 2019 12:15-1:00 PM
Admission is Free.
The Reel Sisters are back by popular demand to celebrate Tartan Day with audiences for MSI. Lunch is available for purchase.
Pan Harmonia’s Celtic Corner Series Presents
The Reel Sisters with Robin Bullock on guitar and Sue Richards on harp
- Sunday, May 19, 2019 7:30 PM
Isis Music Hall Main Stage
Tickets and more information available at: http://isisasheville.com/
743 Haywood Rd. Asheville
For more information about Pan Harmonia and Celtic Corner, please visit: https://panharmonia.org/
Reserve for dinner starting at 5pm.
New York Faerie Festival
- Friday and Saturday June 28-30, 2019
Adults over 16 $18
Children 4-15 $10
Children under 4 Free
Join the Reel Sisters for music in idyllic NY at this wonderful, unique festival.
Perelandra Concert Series
- Saturday August 24, 2019 7:00 PM
For reservations and information, call (828) 669-7675
Atlanta Celtic Christmas
- Friday and Saturday December 21st & 22nd 8:00 PM
More information to come.
Our new CD is now available! Join the Reel Sisters as we travel through the British Isles and Appalachia. Ours is a live album with the unique combination of Scottish smallpipes, harp, whistle, and vocal harmony.
- The Fiddler / Portree Bay / Sound of Sleat (trad. Scottish / D. MacKinnon)
- The Sleeping Tune (G. Duncan)
- The Snowy Path (trad. Irish) / Idle Jig (B. Chaisson & E. MacPhee) / Lisnagun (B. Ring)
- Pretty Saro / Invitation (trad. Appalachian)
- Now Draw Up Close (melody traditional, lyrics by W. Stewart)
- Shuttle and Loom / Island Spinning Song (trad. Scottish)
- Braes of Tullymet / Lads of Mull / An Drochaid Chliùteach (trad. Scottish)
- Every Day is Three (trad. Appalachian)
- Ghoid Iad Mo Bhean Uam An Reir (trad. Scottish)
- Midnight on the Water (B. Thomasson)